Sunday, October 25, 2009

Pinenuts, take two...


Ken was out of town this weekend and I decided it was our last chance to go get pinenuts. I invited Mindy, who's hubby was also gone and whom had never been pinenut picking before, to go with me. We loaded up 2 vehicles with children, food and a set of directions. We headed North and over past Eagle Valley. I love the area out there so I took a few pictures. It was a beautiful day!And the lake was gorgeous! Tyler spotted an old cemetary so we stopped and looked around. It's all from the mid 1800's. Our goal was to find this particular "old cabin". If we found that (and the pinenuts, of course) we had followed the directions correctly. I'd say we drove for about 2 hours and after a few back tracking episodes, WE FOUND IT! Pretty good for a couple of non map reading moms! LOL. (And can i just say...monster pinenuts!?)












































No comments: